We’ve previously had the chance to Save the Light with Steven Universe, but now it’s all about joining the Crystal Gems once more in order to battle away in the ultimate RPG to Unleash the Light!
Available to purchase and download on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, and PC through Steam after previously dropping on the good old Apple Arcade, Steven Universe: Unleash the Light will have you playing as your favourite characters from the Cartoon Network classic, in your favourite team, with your favourite Gems, pulling off your favourite combos and taking in your favourite story – or at least an original tale that has been co-written by Rebecca Sugar and voiced by the usual cast.
- 7 PLAYABLE CHARACTERS – Play as your favorite Steven Universe characters, including Steven, Garnet, Pearl, Amethyst, Lapis Lazuli, Bismuth, and Peridot!
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR TEAM – Choose which Gems are in your party, unlock awesome new abilities, and equip alternate costumes. Plus, change formation in battle to gain the advantage.
- TWO NEW GEMS – Face off against two new Prism-wielding Gems co-created by Rebecca Sugar. Who are they and what are they plotting?
- FUSION TIME! – Team up for amazing combo attacks and Gem Fusions! Fuse to play as Smoky Quartz, Sunstone, and Rainbow Quartz 2.0!
- ORIGINAL VO – “Unleash the Light” features an original story co-written by Rebecca Sugar, and voiceover from the Steven Universe cast and special guest star Christine Baranski.
In all, what Steven Universe: Unleash the Light looks to deliver should well sort out any fans of the show, as they embark on a new mission to unleash the light and, well, save the world, I guess.
Costing £20.99 from the Xbox Store for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, and also available on PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC, if you’re looking to get your Steven Universe fix, open that dusty wallet right now.
Join the Crystal Gems for the ultimate RPG. It’s time to Unleash the Light!